Thursday 14 June 2012

Maybelline Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Review

Hello ladies,

Hope you've all had a good week!
So onto the business (not to mention mine field) that is Gel eyeliners!
I have Youtubed and Blog hopped my little heart out to find the best reviews of what you guys think are the best gel liners and let me tell ya, guy lot have got a lot of faves.

Afew top running contenders that jumped out at me though had to be the Clinique
and Bobbi Brown ones!
They defiantly were the stars in the staying power and quality department but
at £14 and £19 a hit they were defiantly the up mark of them all.
Don't get me wrong i was quite happy to pay to sample Cliniques offering......
that was until it came to trying to find the damn thing!

I searched high and low but i couldn't even find it in John Lewis which is baffling to me
so when desperate times came to desperate measure and i was running late for my train
i honestly grabbed the nearest thing i could find so i present to you....

Maybelline Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner!!!


The packaging is quite cute and promising to last for 24 hours is a little over the top but
good to know that if you got one hell of a day ahead of ya at least
you won't look like a hot mess in the eyeliner department by the end of it!

The jar is like frosted glass which is nice but i think if I'm fussy id prefer just clear!
But on the plus side it comes with a handy little brush (which I'll be honest i havent tryed yet
due to the fact I'm a snob and have my own but thumbs up for thinking of adding one!


Now onto performance, I have tryed MAC's Black tracks Gel liner before so i have to say
i was defiantly comparing the 2 and i have to say i think MAC came out the winner!

I'm not saying that this is a bad gel liner because it lasts well and is very creamy but
i found that (due to hooded lid syndrome) it landed up on my crease a little.
Which in the grand scheme of things is no big drama but i just want one that is perfect and i don't think this is it!

I shall defiantly be trying out Cliniques next month so shall do a comparison with that!

Have you guys try this one?
How did you find it?!

Kel x

No comments:

Post a Comment